Invitation to the 2nd International Spring School on Systems Engineering (IS3E), 12 - 16 May 2014, Garching (near Munich), Germany
We would like to invite you to the 2nd International Spring School on Systems Engineering (IS3E).
The "International Spring School on Systems Engineering" is a cooperative course.
IS3E is organized jointly by the Technical University of Munich (Institute of Product Development) and Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT – Project Group Mechatronic Systems Design supported by University of Paderborn (Heinz Nixdorf Institute), the Stevens Institute of Technology (Hoboken, NJ), École Centrale Paris and the INCOSE (German Chapter). It is intended for internationally diverse PhD students whose research interest is focused on Systems Engineering.
The aim is to encourage international scientific exchange of PhD students.
During the five day course, participants will have the opportunity to discuss state of the art literature, field-specific definitions as well as current and future directions of SE research topics. The program participants will receive intensive training on Systems Engineering and Systems Thinking delivered by internationally-known researchers. Additionally, SE experts from several companies will hold talks and initiate discussions on various industrial Systems Engineering issues. The program will also include a great variety of recreational activities.
The spring school is created for PhD students who want to extend their knowledge of SE. This is a great chance to discuss SE elements within your research topic and enhance scientific work with SE.
Your benefits for participating:
- Have the opportunity to present your research topic to an international community
- Receive valuable feedback on your research topic from experienced academic researchers and industrial experts of SE
- Learn about industrial requirements and implementation of SE
- Exchange ideas with different disciplines and new input for your own work
- Build an international network with like-minded researchers
- The course language is English.
- Participants gain 3 ECTS points
- The number of participants is limited to 18 PhD students.
- The application deadline is 2nd March 2014
Please note that the venue is now changed to Garching, Germany.
The Spring School will be held in Garching (near Munich) at the
Technische Universität München
Institute of Product Development
For further information concerning your application and registration see our website www.is3e.eu.
With kind regards,
Dr.-Ing. Maik Maurer (Technische Universität München)
Dr.-Ing. Roman Dumitrescu (Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT Project Group Mechatronic Systems Design)
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Udo Lindemann (Technische Universität München)
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jürgen Gausemeier (Universität Paderborn)