Call for Posters - ASEC 2019
The Systems Research Showcase has become a familiar part of the Annual Systems Engineering Conference (ASEC) over the past few years, and this year aims to be better than ever.
The Systems Research Showcase is a competition for research posters, that provides a wider remit to participants than similar competitions and gives a platform for contributors to display and present their work. This will be a unique opportunity to present ideas and research from people across Systems Engineering, we encourage submissions from:
- Individual full-time students (75% of time spent in education) , who are researching Systems Engineering topics.
- Group contributions from academic research groups in universities.
- Project contributions such as EU and EPSRC projects.
- Industry research teams.
Posters will be judged by a panel of industry experts, where contributors will have a chance to discuss their entry with the panel, and there is the chance of winning a number of prizes kindly donated by our sponsor(s).
ASEC is an established forum which enables individuals or groups to showcase their work to INCOSE UK and the wider audience. The forum attracts attendance from world industry leaders, innovative specialists and academic experts alike.
Student poster entrants
Posters submitted by students (to qualify as a student you must spend at least 75% of your time in education) will be judged at the submission of proposals stage and the best two submissions will each be awarded one free place at the ASEC 2019 and attendance at the conference dinner.
All successful posters submitted by students will also be included in the competition during ASEC and the authors will have the chance to win the prizes. The ASEC 2019 student admission rate will apply.
Important Deadlines and Further Information
- 20 February 2019: The call for posters is issued.
- 28 June 2019: Submission of abstracts - Abstracts should be between 250 and 300 words outlining your poster topic and main points. A shortlist of posters will be selected on the basis of the abstracts received.
- 5 July 2019: Successful applicants will be notified and a poster template design distributed- Successful researchers will be asked to submit a draft of their poster which should give a good indication of objectives, structure, main themes, supporting evidence, conclusions etc. At this point researchers will be issued with an INCOSE UK poster template.
- 28 July 2019: Submission deadline for proposed poster.
- 4 August 2019: Student poster judging process complete and two free places allocated.
- 9 August 2019: Final conference posters will be selected and notified.
- 30 October 2019: INCOSE UK will print posters to be displayed at ASEC 2019.
All submissions and queries should use